On 24 April, car fanatic JJ, who is supported by the charity Diagrama Foundation, was invited to fulfil a lifetime ambition to experience the speed of racing around Brands Hatch.
On 24 April JJ visited Brands Hatch so that he could experience the thrill of being driven around the Brands Hatch circuit at high speeds by Kent based racing driver and instructor Alex Nevill.
Car fanatic JJ has learning disabilities and is supported to live independently in Bromley by the charity Diagrama. The charity approached racing driver Alex Nevill, to ask if he might make JJ’s dream come true by taking him around the Brands Hatch circuit in his race car and without hesitation Alex agreed.
Alex Nevill is a championship winning racing driver and driver coach. He coaches a wide range of drivers from aspiring pros to novice drivers and his business Chicane Events offers people the chance to drive on circuit themselves and earn their race licence.
JJ said of his experience at Brands Hatch, “I loved it. We took the corners really fast and the tyres were losing grip and skidding. We went speeds up to 100mph. Brilliant.”
Alex Nevill, Racing Driver, Instructor and Owner of Chicane Events said, ““It was an absolute pleasure for us to have JJ join us at Brands Hatch. He has an infectious enthusiasm for motorsport and all things automotive and he’s clearly very knowledgeable too. In a way, meeting JJ reminded me of my own journey growing up with dyspraxia. My passion for motorsport was, and still is, an outlet for me and it was great to share it with JJ. Chicane Events is all about helping people to achieve their motorsport dreams and I hope we’ve been able to do that for JJ.”
Marina Rubio Borrego, Manager of Diagrama’s Supported Living Service said, “The Diagrama ethos is to allow those we support to live their best lives and this has been such a fabulous experience. JJ has a huge passion for cars and it was a wonderful gesture for Alex to offer JJ this experience and JJ will never forget the excitement of going around the track in a racing car.”
To find out more about the Diagrama Supported Living Service for adults with learning disabilities visit
About Chicane Events
Founded by racing driver and instructor Alex Nevill, Chicane Events aims to make motorsport dreams come true.
Whether you are looking to go racing, want to enjoy a race car on the track, organise a corporate event or treat yourself Chicane Events has a package for you.
About Diagrama Foundation
Diagrama Foundation is a Kent based charity that supports vulnerable children, young people, and adults to live their best life.
Diagrama has a Supported Living Service across Bromley, three homes for adults with learning disabilities in Orpington, an eight-bed care home for adults with learning disabilities in West Sussex a fifty-bed care home for the elderly with nursing and dementia needs in Essex, and a fostering and adoption service in the southeast.
- The Supported Living Service, cares for 35 adults with learning disabilities, in nine homes across Bromley helping them to develop skills and confidence to live in their own house either on their own or with others.
- At Cabrini House in Orpington the charity promotes the development of core skills for 23 adults with learning disabilities so that they can lead independent lives integrated within their community.
- Duckyls Farm in West Sussex, a care home for eight residents with learning disabilities, joined the charity care provider in February 2023.
- The team at their nursing and dementia care home, Edensor Care Centre in Clacton on Sea, support vulnerable residents to live life to the full.
- Diagrama’s adoption and fostering service cares for children in South London, Kent, Sussex, and Surrey.
Many vulnerable children and adults don’t get the support they need to develop their true potential, but the Diagrama team know that when someone has time and belief invested in them, they come alive, because that investment has made them feel valued and worthy.